Amika's Bust Your Brass Intense Repair Mask is like a salon service in a jar. This ultra-luxe hair mask provides superior toning while strengthening, repairing, and hydrating for bright, healthy blonde.
CW says... How you use this product differs based on the type of hair you have. Please see the Directions tab for more information.
if you are a natural (non-color treated) blonde:
- in the summer months (when hair is more likely to become brassy), use the bust your brass shampoo + conditioner every other wash.
- use the bust your brass repair mask 1x per week in place of conditioner.
if you are a platinum blonde:
- to maintain tone, use bust your brass shampoo + conditioner every other wash.
- we suggest alternating bust your brass shampoo + conditioner with the kure shampoo + conditioner and multi-task repair treatment.
- use bust your brass repair mask 1x per week in place of conditioner.
- if you notice pesky brassiness pop up, use the bust your brass system every wash until desired tone is reached.
- keep track of your tone: if you're loving your tone, keep up your routine as is. if you notice brassiness peeking in, increase use the bust your brass mask an additional time per week. if you are a little too cool-toned and nearing a violet tone, cut back on the bust your brass routine for a week or two.
if you have highlights, a balayage, or natural-looking (color-treated) blonde hair:
- use bust your brass shampoo + conditioner every other wash.
- assess hair's tone and pivot (increase or decrease usage) as needed.
- those with naturally dark hair should use the bust your brass intense repair mask 1x per week in place of conditioner.
- please note: naturally darker or brunette hair will fight to return to natural hair color; in this case, increase the usage of system.
if you have gray hair:
- use bust your brass shampoo + mask every wash or alternate every other wash with the kure collection.
if you are a textured blonde:
- follow the regimen suggested above based on type of blonde, but use the bust your brass repair mask in place of conditioner for an extra dose of moisture. the bust your brass repair mask is the perfect mix of toning, moisture, and repair which is just what a textured blonde needs.
water/aqua/eau, cetyl alcohol, isopropyl myristate, behentrimonium chloride, cetearyl alcohol, dimethicone, glycerin, fragrance/parfum, hippophae rhamnoides (sea buckthorn/argousier) fruit/seed oil, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, hydroxypropyl guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, hydrolyzed quinoa, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, cetrimonium chloride, magnesium aluminum silicate, butylene glycol, bis-pca dimethicone, disodium peg-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, aminomethyl propanol, chlorphenesin, bht, ethylhexylglycerin, citric acid, phenoxyethanol, isopropyl alcohol, violet external 2 (ci 60730)